Friday 12 December 2014

Temple Assessment - Visual Design 14/15

This is my assessment for my 3D visual design lessons. Our task was to create a temple as accurately as we could. We only had to model and texture the temple though and not the surrounding area.

Here is the reference image that I had to follow along with the two texture files that we were provided with.
Ref Image
Roof texture
Brick texture
So I started modeling the temple during our lesson and I got to the following stage. I wasn't very happy with what I had got so I decided to start again.
Scrapped version
Here are a few of my work in progress shots, I found this task rather hard considering most of the other things we have had to model, we did with a tutorial or had a helping hand along the way. Looking back though, I do think I learnt rather a lot during the process.
Front pillar ready to be duplicated
Front pillar textured
Once I had a pillar I duplicated it to get a scale of the overall building. By doing it this way I knew I had a better method to my previous attempt.
Duplicated pillars for scale
I got carried away and forgot to take a few in progress screenshots between the pillars and pretty much the final temple.
Final Temple - Front
Final Temple - Side angle
It was now time to texture the Temple, I quickly applied the textures to the different models to see what it would look like.
Quickly textured...
I then used the PSD Network to neaten up the textures and get them in the right place and finished up with the following final piece.
I'm happy with the progress I have made when I think that we only started using Maya towards the end of September.
Final Temple - Zoomed in to see the textures!

No comments:

Post a Comment