Thursday 1 October 2015

Combat Knife - Games Art 15/16

Knife render

Reference
This year in our Games Art sessions we are creating high poly assets. To get us started we were given the task to model this combat knife. This is the first time I have made a proper high poly asset and the techniques are much different to low poly models. We were shown how to use the 'Quad Draw' tool to quickly map out the overall shape of the knife.
The top image is a render of my attempt, I am quite happy with my model and I'm looking forward adding more detail to it next week and eagerly awaiting the moment we get to texture it!
Although I am happy with it, I did encounter a few issues but after reviewing my mistakes I managed to resolve them.

1 comment:

  1. The caliber of collection that you are providing is but marvelous. hunting knife

    ReplyDelete