Friday 27 March 2015

Anthropomorphic Character - Visual Arts & Animation 14/15

Our task today was to design an anthropomorphic character based on reference of exotic frogs (or toads). We had the option to complete our design in 3D and this is the area I want to focus on so I spent some time making my frog in 3D to then render and texture over in photoshop.
I firstly put together my moodboard as usual with some of the aspects I liked. I wanted to create a superhero frog, but I didn't want the colours to be that extreme.
Frog Moodboard
After I had modeled my frog in Maya I rendered out a few pictures from various angles and then produced a final image of the various angles.
Frog Render - Front

Frog Render - Side
I'm happy with my outcome and I think I did a decent job with the 3D character considering this is the first character I have modeled.

Frog Final (Froggy P)


No comments:

Post a Comment