Sunday 6 March 2016

Jack of All Trades #4 - Games Art 15/16

This week I put together the landscape that the player will roll along and I also put together two textures for the landscape. However I am still due to UV unwrap and apply the textures to see how well they will work together. I just wanted to get something together to get the idea out whilst I still had it!

Ground - Side
Ground - Angle
Ground Typology
Grass Texture - Test
Dirt Texture - Test

Looking back at my last post 'Jack of All Trades #3' I posted the following picture;
Flob Concept
I realised that I did not talk about the actual idea of the game or the UI. So in the above image your main aim is to roll as far as you can from left to right. The further you roll the higher your score gets. However there are a few obstacles out to stop you. Firstly you must also aim to roll into the water puddles to soak them up in order to gain mass. You will need this mass to climb the taller hills. You lose mass gradually over time, if your mass reaches 0 the level will end. The red arrow in the above image is demonstrating that as you roll over the water you grow.
GUI
In the GUI image you have your basic controls, score and mass. As previously stated score is determined on how far Flob has traveled. Mass is how big you are, decided by collecting water.
The controls are similar to other landscape mobile games. to roll left you tap the left arrow, to roll right you tap the right arrow. I could have chosen to rotate the device in order to control the character but I feel the buttons suit the scene well.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment