Saturday 28 November 2015

Creating The Texture Maps (Triple A Asset) - Games Art 15/16

Below are the all the texture maps that I have created. The colour ID map was hand made in ZBrush, as mentioned earlier I had the mistake of merging everything so I painted them by hand. The normal and cavity maps were generated using XNormal. These turned out quite well first time so I was happy with the result. Lastly I created the remaining maps in Quixel. However because my Colour ID map was not perfect I had quite a lot of whit space and pixelated areas so I spent a few hours clone stamping and colouring myself in Photoshop to get the result I wanted. I then also added images of the logo and stitching using a stitch brush I downloaded from DeviantArt. Overall I was really happy with the result and I can't wait to get them into the next stage!
Roughness
Colour ID Map
Albedo
Normals
Cavity
Metalness
This is what my shoe looked like before I added the stitching and made the toe cap black. I think it's starting to look great!
Quixel Render

No comments:

Post a Comment