Sunday 1 November 2015

Modeling The Shoe (Triple A Asset) - Games Art 15/16

High Poly Render

This is my 2nd milestone in our Games Art assessment.
In this milestone we have to have a high poly model ready to take into ZBrush.

I started our with the sole of the shoe using the quad draw tool and then extruded my way up to the top of the shoe. I then added the tongue into the centre. All of this was pretty basic stuff to me now and i feel more confident using the multi tools. I extruded a few areas out that are more embossed on the shoe such as the rubber.

After I was happy with my initial shape I used a cylinder to cut some holes into my model using the boolen tool. I think this was a quick and effective way to go about the task and it didn't seem to mess up my typology!

Once I had the holes in place I added polygons to the cut out circles to make the metal rings that allow the shoelace to feed through. I was quite happy with how it looks.

Now came the hardest part so far... the actual shoelaces!
For the two dangling shoelaces I used the EP curve tool as suggested and that was fine. However the laces up the tongue took me a while longer and I ended up extruding a cube several times and then smoothing to get the desired effect. I then duplicated them one by one all the way up the shoe.

I'm really happy with how it looks so far and I'm eager to take it further!

Base
Typology of the base
Boolen circles.
Polygon shapes to make the rings
Other view
Adding the laces..
The finished laces!

No comments:

Post a Comment