Thursday 6 November 2014

Monster Homework - Visual Design 14/15

Our homework this week was to design a monster for Halloween. I put together a quick mood board of a few things that took my interest. I decided quickly that I wanted to sketch something based on a skeleton or bones, but I also though the idea of blood would be good. This would give the viewer the idea that It has only recently died (hopefully).
Before even making the mood board I had decided that I wanted my monster to be controlled by a smaller demon. I don't usually do this, but based on the ideas that I had and the mood board I jumped straight in and did only a single sketch for my final piece, where as usually I would sketch out a few other ideas. I'm really happy with the final result and I can really see an improvement in my work over the last few weeks.
Mood board
  
Sketch

Line art & base colours

Shadows, blood & nails


Finished piece with grunge background

No comments:

Post a Comment