Tuesday 19 April 2016

One Room #7 - Games Production 15/16

This blog post contains everything that I find to be interesting or topics that I have no where else to talk about. This will include, cloth, GUI and mirrors.
This picture is of the coats in the cupboard, I added cloth to the objects within unity and set the coat hanger as the constraints. I then tweaked a few settings in the cloth to make the coats lightly dangle.


Coats
 In the lower right of the game I added some GUI text to show the basic controls. I did this because after feedback from friends when playing the game I noticed they struggled to figure out what to press or do. I then got them to play again with the controls and I noticed their play through was a lot smoother.
Controls
These are the curtains, again I added the cloth feature in unity and made them so when they collide with the players collider they sway back and forth. I think I managed to get a realistic curtain effect going.
Curtains
 Here is the inventory, when the player presses the 'I' key they are show this GUI. This semi-pauses the game. The player cant move or look around, but the timer still counts down and music is still played. the player can get out of this sate by simply pressing the 'I' key again.
Inventory
 This is the Main menu for our game. It features 3 buttons. One takes you too the game, this is the 'Play' button. The second button 'Instructions' takes you to the instructions screen, as seen in the picture below. Lastly the 'Exit' button quits the game to the desktop.
Main Menu

Menu Instructions
 As stated in a previous post, these are the mirrors. I stated that I used a camera inside the object and rendered it onto a texture in realtime. This was a good result, but it is quite CPU heavy.
Bathroom Mirror

Room Mirror
 and lastly this is the countdown timer. I got a few people to play and timed them on how long they played it for. I then set this overall time to just below their play time.
Countdown Timer

No comments:

Post a Comment