Sunday 3 April 2016

One Room #1 - Games Production 15/16

This term we have been set the task to create a game of our choice in teams of 2-8 people. I decided I wanted to work in a small team so that I could have more control over the outcome of the game. I teamed up with Michael Kirby as I feel we would work well together. We arranged that he would do the concept art and GUI and I would do the modelling, texturing and coding. However with the idea we have the coding shouldn't be that difficult as I'm still not fully confident in that area. With this project I hope to push myself with my 3D modelling and texturing.

Here are the 3 mind maps we created to go over our initial ideas, with all the individual parts that the game would contain. We decided that we wanted to create a simple game but with deep meaning and one that would visually stunning. With this in mind we decided to choose to make a game based on the 'One Room' mind map but mix it with parts of the 'Murder House' mind map.
One Room
3D Platformer
Murder House
So with the idea in mind we set to work on creating some mood boards to get the feel of the game across in our upcoming feedback session. As you can probably tell we decided to go with the Art Deco theme as we felt it was a really strong aspect and it would be challenging on my behalf in particular to model the odd shaped objects that came with that time period. along with the strong colours and wood theme for when it came to texturing them.

Furniture Ideas
Interior Ideas
Smaller Props Ideas
In the next post I will discuss the idea of the game and the mechanics in more depth and start on the greybox.

No comments:

Post a Comment